One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In Los Angeles, where 12 priests have been suspended, Cardinal Roger Mahony said that any priest or deacon found to have sexually abused a minor would ‘never return to active ministry’ and should seek laicisation.’
- ‘Church policy changed in 1980, restricting conditions for successful laicization and thereby greatly limiting the likelihood that it would be granted.’
- ‘If Catholic schools were neither so retrograde nor different as Republicans claimed, why then were they denigrated and a policy of laicization adopted?’
- ‘No one is arguing that abusers be placed back in ministries with children, but is expulsion and laicization always and in every instance the right response, especially for onetime offenders?’
- ‘In some cases the bishop puts pressure on them to apply for laicization, even though they protest their innocence and ardently desire to live out their vocation as priests.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.