Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A mammal of the order "Lagomorpha"; a hare, rabbit, or pika.
- ‘In the following sections we describe our current view of the stratigraphic position of the Deer Park assemblages, laboratory analytical methods, and the species accounts for the lagomorphs and rodents.’
- ‘Growth rates of pikas are among the fastest for lagomorphs, and growth rates of collared pikas at our study site were even higher than those of its southern congener, the American pika.’
- ‘Like some other mammal taxa, but unlike rabbits and other lagomorphs, male rodents have a baculum (penis bone).’
- ‘Rodents and lagomorphs are prime examples of breeders among mammals and have enormous incisors for their body size.’
- ‘This type of interaction occurs in horses, elephants, hyraxes, rodents, and lagomorphs (hares and rabbits) but is probably best exemplified in the termites.’
Relating to or denoting lagomorphs.
- ‘Modem rodent and lagomorph skulls were mainly from the Condon Museum, University of Oregon.’
- ‘In the current study, fluoride measurements of 889 lagomorph long bones from 183 features were used to develop a relative chronology of features.’
- ‘Species such as P. glandulosa or P. juliflora account for 10-56% of lagomorph diets.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.