One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Showing a delayed effect.‘a lagged measure of unemployment’
- ‘We first conducted computerized searches for the year 1994 and then gathered data for the years 1990-1992 so as to study lagged effects.’
- ‘There is an estimated interest rate rule of the Fed, where the explanatory variables include the rate of inflation, the unemployment rate, and the lagged growth of the money supply.’
- ‘In part this is a lagged effect of the continued strong dollar throughout the 1990s against its main trading partners, despite mounting external imbalances.’
- ‘Returns on import orientation are also mixed, with negative effects for the contemporaneous variable but positive effects for the lagged variable.’
- ‘We have to be cognizant of those lags and move monetary policy anticipating that it has a lagged effect on the economy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.