One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small beetle with a domed back, typically red or yellow with black spots. Both the adults and larvae are important predators of aphids.
- ‘Green lacewings, like ladybugs, diminish aphid and mealybug populations, as well as thrips.’
- ‘After the read aloud, the text was extended as children examined pictures of a cricket, a ground beetle, and ladybugs, and they made comments and comparisons.’
- ‘We're building habitats to encourage birds, butterflies, dragonflies and ladybugs to our gardens.’
- ‘They are multicolored Asian ladybugs or ladybird beetles, first introduced to the southern United States to control aphids.’
- ‘The larvae of ladybugs and green lacewings are also hunters of small, soft-bodied insect pests.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.