One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for ladybug
- ‘Like many of our endemic species of ladybirds, these beetles have handsome red-and-black coloration.’
- ‘Many insects, such as ground beetles, hoverflies and ladybirds, can keep pests under control - but not if they've been destroyed by chemical sprays.’
- ‘Useful insects include silkworms and ladybirds that predate upon aphids.’
- ‘For me, bumble-bees and ladybirds are not the only signs of spring.’
- ‘There is at least one example where PA accumulated by aphids from their host plant are in turn sequestered by the aphid's predator, ladybird beetles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.