One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for ladybug
- ‘There is at least one example where PA accumulated by aphids from their host plant are in turn sequestered by the aphid's predator, ladybird beetles.’
- ‘Like many of our endemic species of ladybirds, these beetles have handsome red-and-black coloration.’
- ‘Many insects, such as ground beetles, hoverflies and ladybirds, can keep pests under control - but not if they've been destroyed by chemical sprays.’
- ‘For me, bumble-bees and ladybirds are not the only signs of spring.’
- ‘Useful insects include silkworms and ladybirds that predate upon aphids.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.