One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rod-shaped bacterium which produces lactic acid from the fermentation of carbohydrates.
- ‘Then a starter culture of lactic streptococci and lactobacilli bacteria is added.’
- ‘This is a condition marked by lowered naturally present vaginal lactobacilli and an overgrowth of pathogenic bacteria.’
- ‘The former tended to have a flora similar to that typical in western Europe during the 1970s, including a preponderance of lactobacilli and eubacteria, while the latter tended to have more clostridia species, including C. difficile.’
- ‘In my practice, I find that most bloated stomachs are caused by ‘bad’ bacteria in the gut, which you can combat by having a small pot a day of live natural yoghurt containing the probiotic bacteria lactobacilli, bifidus or acidophilus.’
- ‘These are likely to be unhelpful to women with bacterial vaginosis because the lactobacilli are directed at the wrong anatomical site and are of the wrong kind.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.