One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A long-handled stick used for playing lacrosse, having a curved L-shaped or triangular frame at one end with a piece of netting in the angle.‘only one of our players had ever picked up a lacrosse stick before’
- ‘He says they are the only manufacturers of wooden lacrosse sticks in the world.’
- ‘By 2004, he was CFO of an edgy start-up company that reportedly brought a stronger, lighter lacrosse stick to market.’
- ‘Despite her fevered imagination, he had no wish to take up her lacrosse stick and bludgeon the president to a pulp.’
- ‘She had never touched a lacrosse stick in her life.’
- ‘Such alloys have been found to be especially desirable in sporting equipment, such as baseball bats, lacrosse sticks, and bicycle frames.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.