One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A long-handled stick used for playing lacrosse, having a curved L-shaped or triangular frame at one end with a piece of netting in the angle.‘only one of our players had ever picked up a lacrosse stick before’
- ‘By 2004, he was CFO of an edgy start-up company that reportedly brought a stronger, lighter lacrosse stick to market.’
- ‘He says they are the only manufacturers of wooden lacrosse sticks in the world.’
- ‘Such alloys have been found to be especially desirable in sporting equipment, such as baseball bats, lacrosse sticks, and bicycle frames.’
- ‘Despite her fevered imagination, he had no wish to take up her lacrosse stick and bludgeon the president to a pulp.’
- ‘She had never touched a lacrosse stick in her life.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.