One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘You make your first record,’ says Goldenhorse stalwart Geoff Maddock laconically, ‘and no one knows who you are.’’
- ‘‘Too soon to tell,’ Zhou laconically riposted.’
- ‘When asked about other brewhouses in Shanghai and whether they pose any kind of threat to The Fest, Paul simply smiles and says laconically: ‘We have Mr Gu.’’
- ‘I like how their love expresses itself laconically and naturally in the activities of daily life and in the telling of, and listening to, stories.’
- ‘‘Fan letters,’ he says laconically, ripping them open and reading out some choice sentences.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.