Divided into deep narrow irregular segments.
- ‘The trilobed to laciniate tepals resemble those of certain species of Chorizanthe.’
- ‘That species also has laciniate petals and is similar in many ways, however it is not found inland.’
- ‘On the stem, between dorsal and ventral lobes, are two transverse lateral rows of finely laciniated processes or leaflets.’
- ‘A single plant was selected in 1998 based on its dark purple, almost black, laciniate foliage.’
- ‘The huge flowers are very showy with laciniated or fringed edges.’
Mid 18th century: from Latin lacinia ‘fringe, hem, flap of a garment’ + -ate.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.