Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A substance that irritates the eyes and causes tears to flow.
- ‘This lachrymator dissolves in eye fluids and produces small amounts of irritating sulfuric acid.’
- ‘What is more, chemical tear gas lachrymators are considered by some to have long term carcinogenic properties.’
- ‘Compounds that are labeled as lachrymators belong in this category.’
- ‘Their eyes must be protected from the effects of lacrimators as well.’
- ‘The student exposed to the lachrymator was not wearing eye protection.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.