Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The timber of the plane tree.
- ‘That technique should bring out the curl but not obscure the beautiful rays of the lacewood.’
- ‘However, I've found the oil tends to make the lacewood appear to be more uniform in color.’
- ‘The lacewood has a very nice shimmer to it, and almost glows if you get it at the right angle.’
- ‘The distinguishing feature of lacewood is the prominent ray flecks.’
- ‘A whole new world of exotic design possibilities abound with zen-like bamboo, luxurious lacewood, distinctive makore, or safari zebrawood to name a few.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.