One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A reptile of the suborder Lacertilia; a lizard.
- ‘There are 37 species (3 crocodilians, 8 chelonians, 14 lacertilians and 12 ophidians) distributed in 30 genera recorded so far.’
- ‘Supposed lacertilian tracks have been reported from a single site in the Navajo.’
- ‘This page gives you lots of information, with pictures, of the various kinds of lacertilians.’
- ‘Certain lacertilian species such as the lacertid, and insects such as the mantis, possess a third eye, known as the parietal eye.’
- ‘Among prehistoric lacertilians were the gecko Ardeosaurus and the monitor Megalania.’
Relating to or denoting lacertilians.
- ‘Therefore, following the convention used by Rewcastle, the immobile, unified lacertilian crus-astragalocalcaneum will be referred to here as simply the crus.’
- ‘In this pattern the tarsus of diadectids most closely approximates the lacertilian mesotarsal joint in structure and probable function.’
- ‘Of greatest interest here, however, is the function of the lacertilian mesotarsal joint.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.