One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There we celebrated Lacemaker's Day, participating in an homage for Enriqueta Alcazar Cuadra, a 91 year old lacemaker, pictured on page 20 with her pillow and beautiful work she is preparing as trim and insert for a set of sheets and pillow cases.’
- ‘Ah, mademoiselle's mother, perhaps, was a lacemaker.’
- ‘This is the story of the intrepid lacemakers of Loughborough, whose struggle to earn a living took some of them to Devon, some of them to Calais, and finally - trapped between the poorhouses of England and the French Revolution of 1848-to a new life in the colonies of Australia.’
- ‘We have done homage to the old lacemakers of Haute-Loire.’
- ‘The FAQ s for the list contain information for all lacemakers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.