One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dog that is a cross-breed of a Labrador and a standard poodle.
- ‘Then, out of nowhere, your mom interrupts to jump on your case for not taking Murphy, the family labradoodle, out for his nightly stroll.’
- ‘Freeman and Rim have no plans for children, but they have two labradoodles, Maggie Mae and Gypsy Rose Lee.’
- ‘People are out for their morning jog or walking by to pick up flowers and a few breakfast essentials, dressed in comfortable casual wear and often walking labradoodles or other small dog varieties.’
- ‘I actually bred a labradoodle for myself, then I decided to make it a hobby.’
- ‘For example, some breeders cross labradoodles with labradoodles, occasionally adding in a poodle to ‘correct’ the dog's coat or disposition, while others mix Labradors with poodles once.’
1970s: blend of Labrador and poodle.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.