One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that takes considerable time and effort.‘the boys were laboriously copying down sentences from the blackboard’‘she breathed slowly and laboriously’
- ‘Each page was laboriously copied by hand, spanning over a thousand pages.’
- ‘Economic policy is still laid down in laboriously negotiated five-year plans.’
- ‘He could discharge a stream of accurately aimed arrows while a Ranger laboriously reloaded his rifle.’
- ‘Laboriously I checked their ages, starting at the beginning of the alphabet.’
- ‘The ancient, dusty floorboards groaned miserably as he laboriously climbed off his mattress.’
- ‘The image was generated by a calculation that could have been done by hand, albeit more laboriously.’
- ‘I write slowly and laboriously, unlike a lot of my fellow bloggers.’
- ‘Blood stained his tunic and he was breathing laboriously.’
- ‘As a journalist, he is perhaps more adept at mining memories than laboriously sifting through archives.’
- ‘She moved slowly; beckoning her limbs to life, she crawled laboriously along the cavern floor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.