One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A law relating to the rights and responsibilities of workers.‘some employers are ignorant of the labor laws’mass noun ‘it is enshrined in labor law that everyone has the right to join a trade union’
- ‘He graduated in law from Chile Catholic University in 1932, where he subsequently became professor of labour law.’
- ‘They'll stay away from multinationals that use child workers or break labour laws overseas.’
- ‘They are grown on small family farms, where workers are reasonably remunerated, protected by well-observed labour laws.’
- ‘The wider body of Irish labour law may also be formally linked with the new work permits legislation.’
- ‘Without compulsory education, governments are unable to enforce child labour laws.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.