One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for hyacinth bean
- ‘With the excellent nutritive value and palatability of lablab, this forage may be used as a direct browse crop or as hay for supplementation or as an attractant.’
- ‘Lablab is a dual-purpose legume.’
- ‘Mid-December to mid-January plantings are generally preferred when growing Koala lablab for grain.’
- ‘Supplementing the diet of goats with lablab in many areas has been shown to yield better condition for expecting goats, higher kid birth weights, growth rates, and milk yields.’
- ‘I had a go at growing lablab as a green manure crop for my bananas, but they basically hardly grow here at all due to our lack of summer heat.’
Early 19th century: from Arabic lablāb.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.