One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for labiaplasty
- ‘Some women are so hung up about their bodies that they consent to labioplasty and breast enlargements.’
- ‘One cosmetic procedure no longer claimable is labioplasty.’
- ‘Labioplasty is indicated for patients with persistent symptoms including entrapment and painful intercourse.’
- ‘After vaginoplasty, labioplasty, or hymenoplasty, you can expect to be back to work in 1–2 weeks.’
- ‘The complications of labioplasty are largely cosmetic, although the functional role of the labia should not be underestimated.’
- ‘Another ad, offering ‘labioplasty’ and ‘vaginoplasty’, promises an improvement in ‘sexual satisfaction, cosmetic appearance, and self-esteem’.’
- ‘When Sam had a labioplasty, she ended up with labial thickening.’
- ‘Danielle had sexual reassignment surgery, both vaginoplasty and labioplasty.’
- ‘Other surgeons will use injections or trim the inner labia with a laser, using a procedure called labioplasty.’
- ‘The increasing popularity of labioplasty suggests that the appearance of the nether regions is becoming something of an obsession for some.’
Late 19th century (originally denoting surgery on the lips): from labio- + -plasty.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.