One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Plastic surgery performed to alter the appearance of the labia, typically the labia minora, or to construct labia.‘many patients requesting labiaplasty are in their 30s and 40s’
- ‘A debate over the ethics of labiaplasty and other cosmetic gynecological operations has made its way into several mainstream medical journals.’
- ‘Labiaplasty is an increasingly popular cosmetic surgery.’
- ‘Women who seek labiaplasty should discuss the pros and cons of different approaches with their doctor to determine which is best for their needs and situation.’
- ‘Labiaplasty is less pricey than a great many other forms of plastic cosmetic surgery.’
- ‘Cosmetic surgery is now moving farther south with procedures such as labiaplasty.’
- ‘For male-to-female surgeries, the new policy will include penectomy, vaginoplasty, clitoroplasty, and labiaplasty.’
- ‘According to the website, "The most commonly requested Labiaplasty surgery is reduction of the inner labia".’
- ‘This study suggests that the media, romantic partners, and friends are influential in shaping women's decisions to undergo labiaplasty.’
- ‘Mothers are coming to us after having had children, and they currently account for nearly half of all patients either having a vaginoplasty or labiaplasty.’
- ‘If you do decide you want to have a labiaplasty, go to a specialist for a consultation.’
1990s: from labia + -plasty.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.