Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An international nonprofit breastfeeding advocacy group. Local chapters hold meetings to provide breastfeeding information and support.
- ‘But if your doctor isn't comfortable with it, find a local chapter of La Leche League International, a mother-to-mother breast-feeding information and education organization.’
- ‘References such as those to the local chapter of La Leche League may prove to be valuable.’
- ‘I was initially inspired by a concept I heard at La Leche League meetings: that discipline is based on loving guidance.’
- ‘Mary Bird, who is part of the La Leche League's national breastfeeding committee, said that while more mums were willing to try breastfeeding, a high number stopped after just a couple of weeks.’
- ‘If you still have concerns about nursing, contact La Leche League International, an organization dedicated to helping breastfeeding mothers with support, encouragement and education.’
- ‘As per La Leche League, breast milk stays good in the fridge for up to 8 days, and up to 3-4 months in the freezer.’
- ‘The site is the first of its kind, containing information about voluntary groups and groups run by the public health nurses as well as information about Cuidiu and the public meeting places of the La Leche League.’
- ‘Of course, I've received some helpful suggestions, especially through La Leche League meetings.’
- ‘Most recently, Blick was director of funding development, La Leche League International, Chicago.’
- ‘The La Leche League is a breast feeding information and support group.’
- ‘Contact a local lactation consultant or La Leche League for breastfeeding advice.’
- ‘Another source of breastfeeding support in most communities is La Leche League, an organization with local chapters throughout the United States.’
- ‘Breast pumps are available to rent or to buy; contact your midwife, maternity unit or support groups such as the National Childbirth Trust or La Leche League for more information.’
- ‘When I was a young mom, I found a family of support in my La Leche League group.’
- ‘Soon after the interlude on Lee's bed, I attended the La Leche League International conference in San Francisco, where Marian Tompson, a LLLI founder, showed me a photo of her great-grandchild.’
- ‘The La Leche League International, an advocacy group for breastfeeding, recommends avoiding combined oral contraceptives in breastfeeding women because of the other choices available.’
- ‘If you choose to use a prescribed pharmaceutical whose effects are unknown (check with the your local La Leche League Leader), remember that you may be able to pump and discard your milk instead of permanently weaning.’
- ‘Norma Jane Bumgarner's 1982 International La Leche League bestseller has been revised to include new mothers' stories and the latest research and historical evidence supporting the prolonged nursing relationship.’
- ‘Besides a very active consulting and international lecturing schedule, Hale serves on the medical advisory board of La Leche League International.’
- ‘Whole Foods for Babies & Toddlers by Margaret Kenda is the definitive guide to solid food from La Leche League International.’
La Leche League/lä ˈleˌCHā ˌlēɡ/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.