One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The surgical filling of an injured or collapsed vertebra. This procedure restores original shape and configuration and relieves pain from spinal compression.
- ‘Vertebroplasty is a percutaneous technique similar to kyphoplasty in that bone cement is injected into the vertebral body.’
- ‘In most cases, laboratory tests are not required because kyphoplasty is a percutaneous procedure, which results in less blood loss than open procedures.’
- ‘The pilot studies are evaluating the use of Cortoss with two different procedures, vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty.’
- ‘Certain clinical situations may be more appropriate for vertebroplasty or kyphoplasty, or may occasionally require open spinal surgery for additional posterior vertebral body fracture and collapse with spinal canal compromise.’
- ‘She underwent vertebral kyphoplasty and had a dramatic reduction in her pain almost immediately.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.