Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The surgical filling of an injured or collapsed vertebra. This procedure restores original shape and configuration and relieves pain from spinal compression.
- ‘The pilot studies are evaluating the use of Cortoss with two different procedures, vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty.’
- ‘Vertebroplasty is a percutaneous technique similar to kyphoplasty in that bone cement is injected into the vertebral body.’
- ‘In most cases, laboratory tests are not required because kyphoplasty is a percutaneous procedure, which results in less blood loss than open procedures.’
- ‘She underwent vertebral kyphoplasty and had a dramatic reduction in her pain almost immediately.’
- ‘Certain clinical situations may be more appropriate for vertebroplasty or kyphoplasty, or may occasionally require open spinal surgery for additional posterior vertebral body fracture and collapse with spinal canal compromise.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.