One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sharpness of the peak of a frequency-distribution curve.
- ‘The kurtosis of the movement distributions was also estimated for each species.’
- ‘In both models, kurtosis was the primary reason for rejection of normality.’
- ‘Sample means, trimmed means, medians, standard deviations, minimums, maximums, skewness and kurtosis are reported.’
- ‘Data were tested for normality using normal probability plots and tests of skewness and kurtosis.’
- ‘Skewness was not detected in these distributions, but kurtosis was in two of them.’
Early 20th century: from Greek kurtōsis ‘a bulging’, from kurtos ‘bulging, convex’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.