A loose collarless shirt worn by people from South Asia.
- ‘We don't have structured garments except the traditional kurta and pajama.’
- ‘Both men and women also wear a kurta, a long tunic-like shirt, and pyjamas, loose baggy trousers.’
- ‘At the other end of the bench sat a man in a kurta and shawl: he had a turban and a drooping white moustache.’
- ‘Hindu men wear a type of shirt called a kurta and trousers called dhoti.’
- ‘Readymade salwar suits and kurtas from jute to silk are also available.’
From Urdu and Persian kurtah.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.