One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1(in yoga) latent female energy believed to lie coiled at the base of the spine.
- ‘This inrush of energy current awakens kundalini, which has taken the form of a small, white lucid, but soft and soothing light, like the flame of a candle.’
- ‘Learning psychic skills might help us manage our delusions and meditation could help us channel our kundalini.’
- ‘They use urine to unleash their kundalini, sending it straight into the third eye, bringing instant enlightenment.’
- ‘The kundalini is symbolised by a serpent, which is often depicted turning three and half times.’
- ‘Muladhara is at the base of the spine, the center for kundalini or primal energy.’
- ‘Through yoga their kundalini rises, expanding consciousness, changing values and creating magical happenings around them.’
- 1.1 A system of meditation directed toward the release of kundalini energy.
- ‘In kundalini yoga you attempt to move energy from the base of your spine through chakras or energy centers to the crown of your head to bring about illumination.’
- ‘She also does once-weekly kundalini yoga, which mixes movement, breathwork and meditation.’
- ‘Shakta Kaur Khalsa has been practicing and teaching kundalini yoga for 24 years, and has been a Montessori teacher for almost as long.’
- ‘Worshippers of Siva who are victim to anger or hatred refrain from meditation, japa, and kundalini yoga.’
- ‘What books or any other resources do you recommend about kundalini yoga?’
Sanskrit, literally ‘snake’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.