One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of Indian ice cream, typically served in the shape of a cone.
- ‘Mike asked for almond kulfi, offered as one of three flavours, but settled for mango because they didn't have almond.’
- ‘The kulfi was a bit of a disappointment, though.’
- ‘In its country of origin, it is used in sweet and savoury recipes, from biryani to kulfi.’
- ‘The kulfi in The Wee Curry Shop looks and tastes like bad industrial ice cream with phoney laboratory flavours.’
- ‘Also recommended is Yeh's homemade kulfi, or Indian ice cream.’
From Hindi kulfī.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.