A microwave frequency band used for satellite communication and broadcasting, using frequencies of about 12 gigahertz for terrestrial reception and 14 gigahertz for transmission.
- ‘The satellite carries four C-band transponders, two Ku-band transponders and a Mobile Satellite Service payload.’
- ‘Hitherto, Ku-band frequencies were not permitted to be used by private telecom operators.’
- ‘It offers a much higher bandwidth than that found at Ku-band.’
- ‘The leaders will learn about the battalion command-post communications package and the Ku-band satellite equipment.’
- ‘Mr Weir said Optus' commercial Ku-band payload sub-system will enable it to provide broadcast services into Australia, New Zealand and parts of Asia.’
1990s: from Ku (arbitrary serial designation) + band.