Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The study and analysis of Soviet or Russian policies.
- ‘With the caveat that, like Kremlinology, Jakarta-watching is anything but an exact science, there are three possible scenarios.’
- ‘In that respect the kind of analysis that is going on is no different to the Kremlinology of the Cold War.’
- ‘‘It really is like Kremlinology or the picking of a pope,’ said Sean Rushton, executive director of the Committee for Justice.’
- ‘In contrast, the realist explanation is simple, straightforward, and requires no Kremlinology.’
- ‘And all of a sudden, the old art of Kremlinology is back.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.