Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The study and analysis of Soviet or Russian policies.
- ‘In contrast, the realist explanation is simple, straightforward, and requires no Kremlinology.’
- ‘With the caveat that, like Kremlinology, Jakarta-watching is anything but an exact science, there are three possible scenarios.’
- ‘And all of a sudden, the old art of Kremlinology is back.’
- ‘‘It really is like Kremlinology or the picking of a pope,’ said Sean Rushton, executive director of the Committee for Justice.’
- ‘In that respect the kind of analysis that is going on is no different to the Kremlinology of the Cold War.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.