One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Japanese zither about six feet long, with thirteen silk strings passed over small movable bridges.
- ‘The shakuhachi is usually played solo or with the koto.’
- ‘Performances of the koto are also featured in the evenings in early April.’
- ‘She stood up and returned the picks to their sack; then carefully - almost reverently - replaced the koto on the shelf.’
- ‘By high school he was proficient at the koto, viola, clarinet and electric guitar.’
- ‘They were playing a loop of anonymous koto music that was rather soothing.’
Late 18th century: Japanese.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.