One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mildly spiced Indian curry dish of meat or fish marinated in yogurt or curds.
- ‘Try the slices of duck in white wine, for example, at 120 baht or Thai red curry or Indian chicken korma for 80 baht.’
- ‘While the sauce for the chicken korma was mild and creamy, the texture of the meat, I'm sorry to say, was unpleasantly chewy and spongy.’
- ‘Lamb korma is nowhere near as powerful as curry or vindaloo, relying more on a subtle blend of spices in a creamy sauce.’
- ‘Viognier is also one of the few wines that really do suit kormas and other creamy Indian dishes.’
- ‘A Sauvignon Blanc would accompany your chicken korma very nicely.’
From Urdu ḳormā, from Turkish kavurma.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.