One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mildly spiced Indian curry dish of meat or fish marinated in yogurt or curds.
- ‘Try the slices of duck in white wine, for example, at 120 baht or Thai red curry or Indian chicken korma for 80 baht.’
- ‘A Sauvignon Blanc would accompany your chicken korma very nicely.’
- ‘While the sauce for the chicken korma was mild and creamy, the texture of the meat, I'm sorry to say, was unpleasantly chewy and spongy.’
- ‘Viognier is also one of the few wines that really do suit kormas and other creamy Indian dishes.’
- ‘Lamb korma is nowhere near as powerful as curry or vindaloo, relying more on a subtle blend of spices in a creamy sauce.’
From Urdu ḳormā, from Turkish kavurma.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.