A mildly spiced Indian curry dish of meat or fish marinated in yogurt or curds.
- ‘A Sauvignon Blanc would accompany your chicken korma very nicely.’
- ‘While the sauce for the chicken korma was mild and creamy, the texture of the meat, I'm sorry to say, was unpleasantly chewy and spongy.’
- ‘Lamb korma is nowhere near as powerful as curry or vindaloo, relying more on a subtle blend of spices in a creamy sauce.’
- ‘Viognier is also one of the few wines that really do suit kormas and other creamy Indian dishes.’
- ‘Try the slices of duck in white wine, for example, at 120 baht or Thai red curry or Indian chicken korma for 80 baht.’
From Urdu ḳormā, from Turkish kavurma.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.