Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A mildly spiced Indian curry dish of meat or fish marinated in yogurt or curds.
- ‘Viognier is also one of the few wines that really do suit kormas and other creamy Indian dishes.’
- ‘Try the slices of duck in white wine, for example, at 120 baht or Thai red curry or Indian chicken korma for 80 baht.’
- ‘Lamb korma is nowhere near as powerful as curry or vindaloo, relying more on a subtle blend of spices in a creamy sauce.’
- ‘While the sauce for the chicken korma was mild and creamy, the texture of the meat, I'm sorry to say, was unpleasantly chewy and spongy.’
- ‘A Sauvignon Blanc would accompany your chicken korma very nicely.’
From Urdu ḳormā, from Turkish kavurma.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.