One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Middle Eastern and Indian cooking) a spiced meatball.
- ‘I discovered koftas, those wonderful little meatballs swimming in curry sauce.’
- ‘To make the kofta roast the coriander and cumin seeds in a fry pan on the stove and then grind in a mortar and pestle.’
- ‘We tried vegetable and lamb koftas and were not disappointed.’
- ‘Now wrap the noodles carefully around the koftas.’
- ‘There are also the more familiar kofta and shish kebab.’
From Urdu and Persian koftah ‘pounded meat’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.