One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Middle Eastern and Indian cooking) a spiced meatball.
- ‘There are also the more familiar kofta and shish kebab.’
- ‘We tried vegetable and lamb koftas and were not disappointed.’
- ‘To make the kofta roast the coriander and cumin seeds in a fry pan on the stove and then grind in a mortar and pestle.’
- ‘I discovered koftas, those wonderful little meatballs swimming in curry sauce.’
- ‘Now wrap the noodles carefully around the koftas.’
From Urdu and Persian koftah ‘pounded meat’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.