Knock (an opponent) out in a boxing match.
knocked out, insensible, senseless, insentient, insensate, passed out, comatose, in a coma, inertView synonyms
- ‘It's sort of like when Buster Douglas KO'd Mike Tyson.’
- ‘His final 5 bouts following the McClellan tragedy ended with a record of 2-3 with Benn being KO'd on 2 of those occasions.’
- ‘Those days may have ended when Mike Tyson got KO'd by Buster Douglas.’
- ‘In his first fight as a pro, Foreman KO'd Don Waldheim in the third round an hour before Frazier and Quarry fought.’
- ‘Conn had KO'd his last four opponents, including heavyweights Buddy Knox and Gunnar Barlund, both in the 8th rounds.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.