One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pitcher who primarily throws knuckleballs.‘he led the league in strikeouts as a knuckleballer’
- ‘Unlike most knuckleballers, he is controlling the pitch with pinpoint accuracy.’
- ‘Still, it was an amazing season for the game's greatest knuckleballer.’
- ‘Maybe he has the answer of how to get a base hit off a knuckleballer - have a terrible swing.’
- ‘The 37-year-old knuckleballer followed Johan Santana's no-hitter with a dazzling performance of his own.’
- ‘Age 35 seems to regularly usher in the beginning of a career plateau of sorts for knuckleballers.’
- ‘Lindell was a pitcher turned outfielder turned knuckleballer who continually reinvented himself.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.