One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Founded on an accumulation of facts or information.‘a knowledge-based economy’‘knowledge-based technical capabilities’
technological, technicalView synonyms
- ‘There is currently a paradigm shift in the tourism industry from a labour-intensive sector to a knowledge-based industry.’
- ‘Its increasingly knowledge-based economy needs a freer flow of information.’
- ‘As our economy becomes more knowledge-based, the key assets of a business go home at night.’
- ‘In addition, the company is smart and operates at the high end like a high value, knowledge-based manufacturer.’
- ‘Discussion centred mainly on the need to establish more knowledge-based employment, rather than assembly-line jobs in Ireland.’
- ‘This notion could significantly affect the internationalization strategies of knowledge-based firms.’
- ‘Are companies paying too much to acquire knowledge-based assets?’
- ‘English is after all a skill-based, not a knowledge-based subject.’
- ‘They will be concentrated in knowledge-based service industries, often in regional Australia.’
- ‘Their real future test will be how well they emphasize knowledge-based jobs.’
- 1.1 (of a computer system) incorporating an underlying set of facts, assumptions, and rules.
- ‘The system provides knowledge-based information for healthcare, safety, and the environment.’
- ‘The firm recently announced that the hotel chain has signed up for their Knowledge-based Translation System to better manage its global websites.’
- ‘He has conducted research in knowledge-based systems, qualitative modeling, intelligent robotics, and computer chess.’
- ‘In the knowledge-based approach three new processes are added to the system.’
- ‘Therefore, they are not suitable for the development of systems whose interactions should be knowledge-based.’
- ‘Can minimal knowledge-based parsing improve data representation enough to result in meaningful improvements in the identification task and usability of online flora and fauna?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.