One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A formal garden laid out in an intricate design.
- ‘The final touch was the creation of a miniature knot garden set in gravel and planted with lavender.’
- ‘By the 17th century, the simple knot garden had evolved into designs as complicated as those of embroidered cloth.’
- ‘Herbs, such as germander and santolina, can be clipped into low hedges to create a knot garden.’
- ‘A small space can be perfect for a riotous cottage garden, a neatly structured knot garden or formal Japanese rock garden.’
- ‘It features two octagonal knot gardens planted with some 1,300 box hedges in geometric patterns inspired by the wood and plaster designs in the hall's interior.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.