A machine with a bank of needles on which garments can be knitted.
- ‘On leaving school, Marjorie worked in several houses in the area before joining a small business in Twyford, where she became a skilled operator on the new knitting machines.’
- ‘Today the firm has approximately 100 knitting machines, and continues to add more.’
- ‘He bought a knitting machine and worked from his parents' house.’
- ‘Audrey got a job in the hosiery mill and earned $6 a week learning to use the knitting machine.’
- ‘The company is investing in the latest #150,000 knitting machines that can produce single-piece jerseys in short runs for the very top end of the market.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.