Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A circus act or other entertainment in which knives are thrown at a target.
- ‘Tarantino regular Thurman is credible as the one-woman killing machine, proving equally adept at both knife-throwing and wielding a Samurai sword.’
- ‘Circus performer Jayde Hanson - who set a world knife-throwing record only days ago - left his assistant with a gashed scalp after a blade hit her.’
- ‘Premiering on July 10 and running for one month, the show will be featuring a variety of acrobat feats, such as contortion, knife-throwing, synchronized trapeze, and, of course, plenty of clowns.’
- ‘World record knife-throwing champion Jayde Hanson was performing on ITV's This Morning show when one of his blades accidentally hit his assistant on the head.’
- ‘He's the world knife-throwing champion - and he's about to throw those knives at me.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.