One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A circus act or other entertainment in which knives are thrown at a target.
- ‘Premiering on July 10 and running for one month, the show will be featuring a variety of acrobat feats, such as contortion, knife-throwing, synchronized trapeze, and, of course, plenty of clowns.’
- ‘He's the world knife-throwing champion - and he's about to throw those knives at me.’
- ‘Circus performer Jayde Hanson - who set a world knife-throwing record only days ago - left his assistant with a gashed scalp after a blade hit her.’
- ‘Tarantino regular Thurman is credible as the one-woman killing machine, proving equally adept at both knife-throwing and wielding a Samurai sword.’
- ‘World record knife-throwing champion Jayde Hanson was performing on ITV's This Morning show when one of his blades accidentally hit his assistant on the head.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.