One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They've decorated the place in an ‘eclectic country’ style with found items (antique rocking chairs, hand-sewn bedspreads) but manage to avoid knickknackery.’
- ‘A shelf on the wall behind her desk is quite cluttered with various knickknackeries.’
- ‘You should seriously rethink all the little novelties and knickknackeries you have around your place.’
- ‘But in fact that Appalachian rusticity is quite appealing so the furniture & plates & metalware & humidors & sundry knickknackery are all quite lovely.’
- ‘Tin Star is a small storefront cafe mixed in among all the other small storefront cafes, bars, art galleries and purveyors of knickknackery along Evergreen's high street.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.