One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘You should seriously rethink all the little novelties and knickknackeries you have around your place.’
- ‘But in fact that Appalachian rusticity is quite appealing so the furniture & plates & metalware & humidors & sundry knickknackery are all quite lovely.’
- ‘Tin Star is a small storefront cafe mixed in among all the other small storefront cafes, bars, art galleries and purveyors of knickknackery along Evergreen's high street.’
- ‘A shelf on the wall behind her desk is quite cluttered with various knickknackeries.’
- ‘They've decorated the place in an ‘eclectic country’ style with found items (antique rocking chairs, hand-sewn bedspreads) but manage to avoid knickknackery.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.