One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An act of bending the knee, especially as a physical exercise in which the body is raised and lowered without the use of the hands.
- ‘The powerlifter then squats down in a deep knee bend and returns to standing.’
- ‘With your hands on your hips and your torso erect, lower your body into a deep knee bend by bending both knees until your front thigh is parallel to the floor.’
- ‘The knee bend reduces any possible activity from the hip flexors, so you have to rely on your abdominals to come up.’
- ‘He stood for a moment, then tried an experimental deep knee bend.’
- ‘And to build his legs, he did hundreds of deep knee bends every night.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.