One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An act of bending the knee, especially as a physical exercise in which the body is raised and lowered without the use of the hands.
- ‘And to build his legs, he did hundreds of deep knee bends every night.’
- ‘With your hands on your hips and your torso erect, lower your body into a deep knee bend by bending both knees until your front thigh is parallel to the floor.’
- ‘The powerlifter then squats down in a deep knee bend and returns to standing.’
- ‘He stood for a moment, then tried an experimental deep knee bend.’
- ‘The knee bend reduces any possible activity from the hip flexors, so you have to rely on your abdominals to come up.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.