Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An uproariously funny joke.
funny story, jest, witticism, quip, pleasantryView synonyms
- ‘It's an MTV reality show that's more jaw dropper than knee-slapper.’
- ‘We had many scenes that were not knee-slappers, but in between takes he would have me laughing so hard that I could relax.’
- ‘There are plenty of smiles and quite a few knee-slappers.’
- ‘Though this could easily be the elaborate set up for one of your dad's dinner-table knee-slappers, this is the true-to-life plot of a theatrical venture called Oh No, A Condo!’
- ‘While that might have been a knee-slapper in the mid-19th century, even adding obscenities wouldn't get it to Comedy Central today.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.