One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An uproariously funny joke.
funny story, jest, witticism, quip, pleasantryView synonyms
- ‘There are plenty of smiles and quite a few knee-slappers.’
- ‘We had many scenes that were not knee-slappers, but in between takes he would have me laughing so hard that I could relax.’
- ‘While that might have been a knee-slapper in the mid-19th century, even adding obscenities wouldn't get it to Comedy Central today.’
- ‘It's an MTV reality show that's more jaw dropper than knee-slapper.’
- ‘Though this could easily be the elaborate set up for one of your dad's dinner-table knee-slappers, this is the true-to-life plot of a theatrical venture called Oh No, A Condo!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.