(especially of an item of clothing) reaching the knees.‘knee-length boots’
- ‘She speaks softly but intently, cutting a striking figure in black knee-length boots with her prominent features framed by jet black hair.’
- ‘This season, a floaty chiffon knee-length skirt paired with a Fair Isle sweater or a tweedy jacket will look extremely hip.’
- ‘Rob had waded past the knee-length grass and into the bushes.’
- ‘The girl has blonde hair and was wearing high-heeled boots, a knee-length beige skirt and a black top.’
- ‘She was last seen in jeans and a knee-length maroon leather coat.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.