One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘If Davidson is right, the famed ‘improvement’ in hand axes 600,000 years ago would simply mean that knappers were getting more and finer flakes from each stone.’
- ‘We now know more than the simple fact that prehistoric knappers obtained tool stone at the Hatch quarry.’
- ‘The ancient knappers struck nodules nearly dead center with a wedge initiation of 90 deg.’
- ‘At the moment, it is thought either to be a Neolithic axe rough-out or the work of a modern flint knapper.’
- ‘Once again, the Hatch quarry represents a prospect site where the prehistoric knappers came to obtain jasper nodules and tablets scattered across the surface.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.