One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But, as we have seen with Russia, if the ethical basis of free markets degenerates sufficiently, all that we have left is a form of kleptocracy.’
- ‘Then the country's emergent civil society collapsed beneath post-communist repression and the kleptocracy of regional robber barons.’
- ‘It is ruled by a corrupt kleptocracy of aristocrats who use their control of state monopolies and even the tax system to enrich themselves at the public's expense.’
- ‘But how many billions in foreign aid have been wasted over the decades due to the grandiose projects and corruption of dictatorships and kleptocracies?’
- ‘The antidote to kleptocracy is the age-old story of democratic struggle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.