One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Greek dish consisting of lamb marinated with lemon juice and herbs and cooked slowly in a sealed container.
- ‘My favourite dish is stifado, though kleftiko runs a close second.’
- ‘There is also a restaurant attached, and the speciality is kleftiko, a slow-roasted Greek lamb dish.’
- ‘For a memorable main course, there is a wonderful lamb and vegetable concoction - kleftiko - topped with melted cheese or grilled swordfish steaks.’
- ‘Meat specialties include moussaka, kleftiko (a lamb dish) and stifado - an aromatic beef stew.’
- ‘The menu features Greek classics such as Moussaka (a mince and aubergine lasagne-type dish), Spanakopita (spinach and feta parcels) and Kleftiko (lamb shanks).’
Greek klephtiko, from klephtikos ‘relating to the klephts’ (see klepht).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.