Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A fruit with a thin hairy skin, green flesh, and black seeds.Also called Chinese gooseberry
- ‘As a guideline, one kiwi fruit contains about 50 mg of vitamin C.’
- ‘Good sources of vitamin C include peppers, Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, oranges and kiwi fruit.’
- ‘I find that sliced kiwi fruit look and taste good on the lemon flavour cheesecake.’
- ‘Junior's fruit platter came with grapes, apples, bananas and kiwi fruit.’
- ‘Back in 1953, there were no avocados, no kiwi fruit, and not a suspicion of mozzarella and tomato pizza.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.