One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of curvy heel, typically between 1 and 2 inches in height.
wedge, wedge heel, stiletto, stiletto heel, platform heel, spike heel, cuban heel, louis heel, stacked heelView synonyms
- ‘The kitten heel offers both feminine grace and womanly comfort, as do ballet flats.’
- ‘If you're clever, you are not expected to wear a figure-hugging dress and kitten heels.’
- ‘Let us examine the evidence: on Monday it was leopard-print pumps; on Sunday she was photographed wearing a rather improbable pair of pink-and-black kitten heels.’
- ‘She arrived looking stunning in flared black linen trousers, kitten heels and a risqué décolletage.’
- ‘Heels range from lofty stiletto to non existent, but kitten heels and flat mules appear to be the most popular.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.