One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sport or pastime of riding on a modified surfboard while holding on to a specially designed kite, using the wind for propulsion.Also called kiteboarding
- ‘Enthusiasts say the extreme sport of kitesurfing, in which a massive wind-powered kite propels a surfer on a small board to defy gravity, can prove more exciting than sex.’
- ‘The latest craze on the island is kiteboarding.’
- ‘This stretch of coast is nicknamed ‘Kite Beach’ because it's one of the world's most popular destinations for kiteboarding.’
- ‘Then tomorrow I have a free day, so fingers crossed the wind will be good as I plan to hit the sea and go kitesurfing.’
- ‘Kitesurfing is really taking off, and beginners can take a certified course with Mark Warner at its Lakitira and San Agostino beach clubs in Greece.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.