One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A piece of furniture or equipment that fits with others like it in a kitchen.‘the house has fitted kitchen units and double-glazed windows’
- ‘The kitchen units are handcrafted maple in a clean, contemporary style.’
- ‘The property is in excellent condition and has many features, including solid chestnut kitchen units, timber ceiling beams, and laminate floor.’
- ‘With white kitchen units you can use many different textures, so regardless of your house type, a white kitchen will always fit in.’
- ‘We ordered a kitchen unit in February to be delivered in eight weeks' time.’
- ‘Skylights maximise the room's natural light, and the pine kitchen units were hand-built.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.