One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A play or film in a post-war British style that was characterized by realistic depiction of drab or sordid subjects and used working-class domestic settings.‘Morrissey championed the kitchen sink dramas of the Sixties’
- ‘It was an early attempt at kitchen sink drama that portrayed approved schools as reformatories for juvenile offenders.’
- ‘It is an engaging character study, and closer to kitchen sink drama than action thriller.’
- ‘Each episode was a brilliantly crafted kitchen sink drama in itself, with Harold's personal life always going down the plughole.’
- ‘These still can be remote situations to us, but in kitchen sink dramas, the situations are very real.’
- ‘The spaces are profoundly connected to the realism of kitchen sink dramas of early modernist theatre.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.