One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A garden or area where vegetables, fruit, or herbs are grown for domestic use.
- ‘The old kitchen garden was also replanted, with vines, apricots, peaches, and the like.’
- ‘Chef-proprietor Raymond Blanc, a devotee of organic food for the past 20 years, has developed a two-acre kitchen garden that produces more than 70 types of vegetables and 120 herbs.’
- ‘The trust aims to conserve the garden and is currently restoring the Victorian kitchen garden.’
- ‘The kitchen garden includes fruits such as strawberries as well as plum and apples trees plus a variety of vegetables.’
- ‘The grounds also include mature trees and shrubs, a kitchen garden, greenhouse and garden shed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.