A rectangular canvas bag, used especially for carrying a soldier's clothes and personal possessions.
suitcase, case, valise, portmanteau, holdall, carryall, grip, overnight bag, overnighter, flight bag, travelling bag, gladstone bag, carpet bagView synonyms
- ‘I picked up my kitbag and marched aboard the troopship Empire Fowey, bound for Singapore and Malaya, although we did not know this at the time as it was top secret.’
- ‘All of us scheduled for that flight ate a hearty breakfast that morning, then carried our packed kitbags to the front of the hotel.’
- ‘One boy, carrying a kitbag over his shoulder in true military style, kept humming to himself as he marched along.’
- ‘According to this view, international law is but one tool in the diplomatic kitbag that can be utilized to justify politically motivated actions.’
- ‘His kitbag stood in the corner as he was due to return to his barracks that night.’