One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rectangular canvas bag, used especially for carrying a soldier's clothes and personal possessions.
suitcase, case, valise, portmanteau, holdall, carryall, grip, overnight bag, overnighter, flight bag, travelling bag, gladstone bag, carpet bagView synonyms
- ‘According to this view, international law is but one tool in the diplomatic kitbag that can be utilized to justify politically motivated actions.’
- ‘One boy, carrying a kitbag over his shoulder in true military style, kept humming to himself as he marched along.’
- ‘His kitbag stood in the corner as he was due to return to his barracks that night.’
- ‘All of us scheduled for that flight ate a hearty breakfast that morning, then carried our packed kitbags to the front of the hotel.’
- ‘I picked up my kitbag and marched aboard the troopship Empire Fowey, bound for Singapore and Malaya, although we did not know this at the time as it was top secret.’
kit bag/ˈkit ˌbaɡ/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.